- Funky Moves are the kindest hearted, sweetest natured, happiest and classiest dance teachers. They helped us organise our six hour danceathon for sport relief which raised over seven thousand pounds in sponsorship. We will be grateful to them for EVER.
Emma Freud and Richard Curtis, Sports Relief 2014
- My 5 year old has been attending Funky Moves classes for 2 years now (Chelsea & Wandsworth) and she loves it!!! It is her favourite activity. She loves especially the teachers (Amy, AnnaBannana, Jess, Holly…actually any of them – boys too!) – they are a huge plus to this activity – highly energetic, great professional dancers and best….super expert in managing kids and engaging with them to keep them active while class. On top they manage to teach them super performances every term – boys or girls, they all love it & learn equally.
- Over the past year I have worked with Funky Moves, where they have provided Dancers for after school clubs and competitions. They have provided an excellent service, from the friendly voice you’re greeted when calling the office, to an array of fully trained, talented dancers – they really bring the WOW factor to every class they do. They can work under pressure if you need someone last minute or you can request someone in particular – they seem to always come up trumps and exceed expectation. I see a positive future between ourselves and can’t wait to see what the future holds.
Kirin Sport, Afterschool Clubs
- It’s because Funky Moves are so wonderful that Leo is so happy at his dance classes, I’m serious. He’s the lucky one to have found such a great place to go do what he loves.
- Alice and her team have been providing dance classes at our house for my daughters and her friends for the past 3 years. Speaking as a mother (who was never great on the dance floor!) I was determined that I wanted my children to learn how to dance. Throughout the term they work towards routines which they perform to us at the end of term. The girls ADORE their classes and every term I notice a real improvement in their dance moves. I cannot recommend Alice and her team enough!
Private Group Class in Wandsworth
- My two boys (5 and 8 years old) attend the Saturday morning classes in Wandsworth and they LOVE IT. Every week they look forward to attending Funky Moves and their little faces are a picture as they come bounding out of class. The teachers allow them to be creative and have fun whilst learning street dance moves, the last performance at the end of the term had me beaming with pride. We also booked Funky Moves for my 8 year old’s birthday party last year and it was incredible! Highly recommended!
- Thank you Funky Moves for the best party Madison’s ever had! From start to finish you had all the girls AND BOYS hooked, and for 11 year olds that can be tough! They loved the routine to Little Mix, the makeovers, the prizes, the games… I could go on. The performance of the dance at the end of the party had everybody amazed – it was so slick and the kids were beaming with pride. Thanks again for an amazing day and the best kids party Essex has seen… Now to get you back here for a dance/fitness class for me and the girls!
Chloe Sims (The Only Way Is Essex), Brentwood
- My daughter’s 5th birthday party with funky moves was fantastic. All the children (girls and boys) loved it and really got stuck in from the word go. The entertainers were really engaging and really looked like they were enjoying themselves. Very entertaining for the parents watching as well and I’ve had a lot of great feedback from other parents whose children have not stopped talking about it! So would definitely recommend!
- My daughter and her friends had the best time at her Funky Moves 7th birthday party on Saturday. Jess and Alison were full of energy and infectious enthusiasm, which made all the children, boys & girls, want to get involved and learn the cool dance routine, which they performed to all the parents at the end. It was so much for everyone, best party, and definitely one we’d do again, and my kids can’t wait to attend another Funky Moves holiday camp. Thanks Jess & Alison.
- I can’t praise Funky Moves enough!!! They did an awesome job yesterday at my daughters and her two friends b’day party yesterday. Very professional, very fun and very high energy. I will absolutely be using them again in the future for my other children.
- We just had a great party experience with Funky Moves. The teachers are fun and engaging, they effortlessly got all the kids involved with the dance and made the birthday girl feel very special. Highly recommended.
- We were looking for a Darth Vader appearance for a joint birthday party for 3 boys turning 5. I found Funky Moves and what a switch from the regular entertainers. We got a Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker breakdance battle. Stefan and Marvyn were wonderful with the kids, so personable, and accommodating. Everyone enjoyed the show and it was a pleasure working with the company. They were great about replying to emails and keeping me updated on what was happening. Would definitely use them again in the future and highly recommend them! Very professional behaviour and amazing with kids.
- In one word: Fantastic! We hired Funky Moves to entertain at my daughter’s sixth birthday for a crowd of 6- 8 year olds. The entertainers had each child fully engaged and dancing the entire party!
- I just wanted to say a huge thank you again for having both the girls at holiday club this week. They had the most wonderful time and have been bouncing off the walls at home all week proudly showing off all their dance moves! This morning they have even been playing at being holly and Jess..! They are definitely funky moves converts.
Hannah Wilcock, Balham
- Wow, Alice and team, we were so impressed with the Funky Moves half term course. On the first day Olly was a bit apprehensive, and as we walked in to the warm welcome and buzzing atmosphere he turned to me and said “I think I’m going to enjoy this”. He certainly did! It’s clear that all the children have such a huge sense of achievement proudly showing off their funky moves, putting on a show after only a few days of learning the routines. Olly is still dancing at every opportunity. Thank you so much.
Caroline (Mum of Olly)
- This was Ellora’s third time, Sophie and Belle’s second and Jess’s first and they all loved it. Sophie was smiling and happy all the way through the performance at the end (she takes these things quite seriously and can often be worried about doing it right, rather than enjoying it). Your dance instructors are brilliant with the kids too. Thanks again, I’m sure we will be signing up for the summer!
- We had a fantastic afternoon at the festival of funk. The kids loved the dance workshops & dressing up with some fab face painting and hair colouring. The kids have asked us already when the next festival will be.
Sonja Bessant – Festival Of Funk
- What a great day – my son had a blast from ripping up the dance floor to practicing his skills of becoming the next great graffiti artist – such a great day and so much fun, many thanks!
Sam Sopwith – Festival Of Funk
- Holly and Jess lead an amazing class for our team. Not everyone on our team is into fitness or dance but they made sure the class was accessible, easy to follow and most importantly, great fun! Everyone really enjoyed the class and it acted as a great team builder for us. I would definitely recommend Funky Moves to any organisation or company looking for a fun team activity that gets everyone out of the office and feeling like Beyoncé.
Sophie – Corporate Team Building
- I never thought I would enjoy dancing or exercise, especially not together, but the Funky Moves team were hilarious and carefree. A fun afternoon I won’t forget!
Zara – Funky Fit Class
- It’s very easy to get swept up in the notion of life, day-to-day and take it all a bit too seriously! However, with Funky Fit you can get those endorphins flowing, let your inhibitions go, your hair down and become exactly what it says on the tin; fit! Jess and Holly are fantastic and make you feel so at ease. So listen up to the top playlist, get your hips moving and forget everything around you!
Harriet – Funky Fit Class
- Just wanted to say a huge HUGE thank you on behalf of us all for being our cheerleading coach on Saturday! You’ll be pleased to hear that we managed to persuade the DJ in Los Locos to play S Club and we recreated your routine perfectly – lift included! Felicity thoroughly enjoyed herself, thank you. Thanks again.
Suzie – Hen Party on Clapham Common, Cheerleader theme
- Just wanted to say thanks again for the dance class, it was great and all my friends really enjoyed it!
Nanette – Private group dance class at Pineapple Studios for Nanette’s birthday
- The wedding was truly magical and everyone loved it, especially us!!! One of the highlights for the guests was our dance. We had so many people come up to us to congratulate us and they said it was the best first dance they had ever seen. The crowd were cheering us on throughout and the photos just show beaming smiles all round – more out of shock that we had put such a routine together. As for us, we laughed all the way through and instead of it being a moment during the wedding that we were dreading, we couldn’t wait to get on the dancefloor! It was one of our best bits! Everyone commented on the fact that we looked so happy and good together whilst doing the dance. The cheer at the end of the dance was deafening and a moment I will never forget. All this is thanks to your ideas and help. Thank you so much for everything. Big kiss x
Annelise – First Wedding Dance
- Hi Alice, From a novice starting point, but curious and keen to find out what dancing lessons would be like, we presented ourselves to Alice ready to give it a go and have some fun. Ultimately we wanted to learn a first dance that we could be proud of and enjoy at our wedding. Alice’s enthusiasm was infectious, and week by week she patiently taught us some steps and manoeuvres, which over time, as we learned and became more confident, developed into our ‘first dance’. As a couple we found the lessons such fun, and it felt great to be able to properly dance. We feel so lucky to have met Alice as a teacher, she was warm, friendly, fun, patient, flexible with arranging times/dates, and a fantastic teacher. And our first dance went down very well at the wedding!
Paul – First Wedding Dance